I wanted to share this with you since I really enjoyed making this. Perhaps it would be a fun thing to put together this weekend for yourself? You use items you have that are special to you so you already possess what you need with maybe the exception of a pretty jar.
Next week, I will share more of the changes I have made in my bedroom. I gave it a makeover by borrowing items from other rooms in our home.
The contents of mine are:
- Two pearl necklaces given to me by my parents.
- My grandmother's silver wedding band.
- A cameo given to me by my mother.
- An amythest ring given to me by my mother which is my birthstone.
- A watch with amythest to symbolize passing time also a gift from my mother.
- An angel pin as my mother says we are my father's angels (we used to have really pretty ones but my mother and I placed them in my sister's coffin when she passed away) .
- A little lace doily which my sister bought for me in our favorite restaurant's gift shop when she went there once without me.
- A silver cross that my father had made specially for me while he was in Thailand.
- Three items to remind me of the three most important women in my life ~ an old framed photo of my mother as a girl, a framed photo of my grandmother as a young lady and a bracelet which was my Aunt Janey's when she was young.
If you make a 'memory jar', please share it with us. I know I would love to see it!