Friday, February 15, 2008

Spreading more love.....

Back at the beginning of this month, I was given this award by Kim at Ragged Roses. It is a very special award as it is supposed to be passed on to devoted readers who leave supportive comments on your blog. I passed this award on and mentioned that I wanted to award this to a few non~bloggers. I have a couple of people who read my blog regularly who deserve this award too. It is not conventional to do this but I hope you will forgive me for deciding to use this award to honor a few of those non~bloggers.


I have been honored with meeting wonderful ladies here in Holland that share my passion for stitching and/or quilting who leave comments on the blog for me. It is always fun to read these remarks and both say they struggle with doing so in English. They do a wonderful job and I am glad you both stop by to leave a comment whether in English or Dutch or mixed. Thank you to Elly and Sonja!

Next, a few on my online friends who stop by.....

Diane who has become so dear to my heart. She and I met through a Yahoo list and things clicked quickly between us. We keep in contact as much as possible through emails. Sorry Diane but I owe you one again this weekend. Thanks for always being there with an encouraging word and all your support. I really think you are a warm hearted and sweet person who I am so honored to have met online. I only wish we lived near each other so we could get together to chat and stitch!

Joni who is always there to make me smile. She has the most amazing sense of humor and worse yet, it is so much like my own. I have been able to talk to her on the phone and she is coming to visit me here in May. Well, to say I am thrilled is an understatment! She has decided she is going to join my family one way or another so she can get some gifts like my handmade quilts or fobs, etc.. Ah, Joni, I think you don't have to be family to get a gift from me, my dear! And if all else fails, you can stop by Diane's and steal her fob and quilt.

Andylynne who started visiting my blog a long time ago. She always leaves me warm and wonderful comments. I enjoy checking my comments and reading a bit about her through her remarks. I asked her once and she told me that she did not have a blog but I think she should start one. For a couple of weeks she was gone and I was worried something happened. I was happy to see you back again Andylynne.

Then there is Angela! Well, next to Joni and her Joni~isms, Angela says the funniest things. She is always there with a wonderful long comment to brighten my day and here is just a sample of what you get if you are lucky enough for her to visit your blog: "Let piglets fly and mermaids bask, relax awhile then tackle the task :>)"
She left this on Mary's blog who told me that she had started going to hers. She is a delight and her comments 'are my one weakness' too. Right Angela? Just call me Dorcas. A very Happy Birthday to you today dear Angela!






These photos are courtesy of Mary at Across the Pond. Thanks Mary!

Blogging has enriched my life and I think each person who stops by to comment is very deserving of this wonderful award. I want to thank each and every one of you. I always try to visit your blogs. When I fall behind, I just want you to know that you are all very important and special to me. Thank you all for being part of this incredible online friendship ring!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Heidi, I agree with all these people. I love reading their comments too. I think these people need to have blogs. You even said you can name Joni's blog. It is titled "The World According to Joni" or Life With Joni ism."
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Heidi, thank you very much for the award! My cheecks are as red as the tulips I gave you for your Birtday. I was already surprised to see pictures of it on your blog. As I said before: thank you for all your time, writing the Blog so that I can read it as I come home from work.
Thanks again and have a nice weekend.
Groetjes Elly

diane said...

Heidi, I can't believe I got a blogger award!!! LOL And, I'm not even a blogger, so this is so kind to be recognized. Who knows, maybe someday I'll have a blog and bore the world to tears! OH, and I HEARD that...Joni, don't get any ideas about my fob or quilt...LOL I would never part with them, but you could come live with me!! ha ha
You have a special talent for blogging, Heidi, I hope you continue for a VERY long time. It has opened up a whole new world, for others AND for you. : )

Mary said...

Lovely idea to share this with your dear non-blogging friends Heidi - I read their comments too and they all sound so deserving.
It was fun to see my photos, I was quite chuffed - as we English say - to think you used them!

Hope the weekend is going well for you - how's the weather there? Are the tulips blooming yet?
Brilliant sunny morning here, perhaps I'll start painting the shutters when it warms up.

Poor Bob is in agony with his back strain - I may be carting him off to the doctor on Monday if no improvement.

Hugs for the weekend. Let's see, you probably don't 'do' St. Patrick's Day so perhaps you're working on Easter decorations as it's early this year. I did find a few cute little bunnies at SuzAnna's yesterday - toile fabric, china and stone - so will have to come up with some type of vignette to display them later.

Friendly hugs and thoughts coming your way.
Mary.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to read supportive comments from those who visit our blogs? Congratulations to all those ladies who you nominated ~ their awards are richly deserved.

Marie x

the tattered nest said...

You are welcome Heidi...thank you! for your friendship! thanks for the nice comments left on my blog about my little ones...I had so much fun decorating today with my Hobby Lobby stash...now I just need to get some photos taken and post them! I hope your weekend was a good one!

Ragged Roses said...

Hello Heidi! Isn't it wonderful the friends you make through blogging? I'd like to thank you for your very kind and lovely comments on my blog yesterday. They brought a tear to my eye (but in a nice way). Thank you! I am slowly getting a bit more sleep so hopefully that will do the trick.
Kimx

Andylynne said...

Oh Heidi,
That is soooooo sweet of you.Thank You so much
I love to come to your blog and visit. I love to read all the comments too. You have nice readers and I'm abashed and so pleased to be included with those you honor. But you are the inspiration that keeps us coming back. Your blog is a delight to read!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I am absolutely thrilled and honored to receive a blogger award and I thank all the little people out there in blogland! LOL Now to be serious...I got a little teary-eyed when reading your comments about me. All I kept thinking was, boy, is she going to be surprised at how not nice I really am. And I have to take issue with that comment about wanting to join your family just to get one of your handmade quilts or fobs! I seem to remember requesting a dark red scarf from our sweet brother Bill. So you see, there are several reasons I want to join! Oh my, we are going to have such fun in May. I think I seriously better pack some Depends for all the laughing we will be doing. Also, I've purchased something special for us to do one evening or afternoon or morning or middle of the night. Hugs to you and yours!!