Sunday, March 08, 2009

It isn't easy being green.....

Remember this song by Kermit? Just put on your speakers and listen for yourself. I have been joking with my family and friends that I will be turning green this week. That is followed by Kermit's rendition of Who Let the Frogs (oops Dogs) Out which I thought was very amusing. My treatments start on Monday. So a dear quilting friend Elly, lent me her daughter's Shrek DVDs for my isolation. I think I might be about the only person on the planet that has never seen Shrek. *grins*


Another plan is to watch my DVD set of the Brontes of Haworth. I have never allowed myself the luxury of sitting and really enjoying this all at once. Now the time will not be a luxury but certainly time which should be made enjoyable.


Had you simply looked at the photos, you might have questioned what they all have to do with each other? Here is another project I am getting ready to work on while I am in isolation. A friend's birthday is coming up and I am making her framed monogram letters since she loved the ones I made for myself and my niece. I will be making 3 letters. Once this is finished, I have another stitching project in the wings but I cannot reveal any of that as that friend reads my blog regularly.


Last but not least of my 'entertainment' during this time, I will be reading. I have a new mystery which I just started. It is a knitting mystery by Maggie Sefton. I had bought these books for my mother as a birthday gift and she brought them to me to read. I keep a wooden tray on my bed with books. I love having books in every room in the house. I just had a large order placed recently as there was a sale with the bookseller I purchase my books from and will be happy to finish a couple of books to pass on to a friend before the order arrives. It will be nice to make some more room on my bookshelves.

As you see, it might not be easy being green but I am finding many silver linings to focus on this coming week. And I find that life works better with a sense of humor!

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, for someone turning green soon, you sure have a lot of things lined up. Will they all turn green when you touch them?????
George says you need a web cam so we can see you green. JOSSSSSSSS.
I will be totally happy if you feel up to doing all these projects. If not, you will not be a happy camper. If you do them all, you may never come out of the room. Happy cooking Jos. I would like to put my head in the sand and let this all go away now.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It is so comforting and inspiring. I'll be praying for you during your treatments. May God be with you and may He grant you His peace during this time.

DonnaTN said...

I enlarged your box of books and turned my laptop so that I could read the titles. It looks like you've got some good ones in there! And there is no mistaking what kinds of books you like!

Anneke said...

Reading your entry, it looks like we would have to envy you for all the joyeus things you have planned for yourself.

But it will be hard, I guess, so good luck (again). Do you have a computer by your bedside??

Susan in SC said...

Sounds like you have lots of things planned for your isolation. I think it's great to have it planned but you may just end up resting and that's OK too!

Hugs,
Susan

Tammy said...

Happy stitching, reading and movie watching...also hoping that you will not turn too green ;D
Prayers and Hugs!
Tam

Caroline said...

Humour certainly helps a lot in life, you seem to be able to look at the bright side (I feel a bit of Monty python creeping in there). I am glad to see that you are trying to make yourself as comfortable as possible at a time that probably is not that easy.
I hope you get some rest as well. I will be thinking of you.
Oh and by the way, I wouldnot recognise Shrek if he jumped up and bit me in the ...nose.

Maggie said...

Good luck with your treatment, i hope all goes well. Watching Shrek will certainly cheer you up, the first one is especially funny.

Maggie x

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh my Dear new Friend, I wish you much well with your 'Weeks of Being Green'!!! Mmmm, I see it as a soft iridescent green, sort of like I'd think of a faerie's dress, and wings. Pretty thought, yes? :-)

It's wonderful that you have this great attitude. Wonderful! And I'll be thinking of you.

Wondering, will you have access to a lap top computer, during isolation?

But even if not, you seem to be well supplied with things to do, to keep you occupied. :-)

Your isolation starts on Monday. My operation happens on Tuesday. Cheers to us!!!

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Ginny said...

No, you're not the only one who hasn't seen Shrek. I haven't either!

Elizabethd said...

Thinking of you Heidi, and praying that all goes well for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi, Lucky you to be green for St. Patricks day. Who would of thought of doing that. Anyway best of luck to you.
Hugs & love,
Amonymus in Ohio

Sonja said...

lieve groetjes van mij. Hoop dat je je niet te groen zult voelen. Gelukkig heb je voor genoeg afleiding gezorgd! Liefs Son

Monica said...

I really love EVERYTHING of your blog!! I'll come back!
Please visit me and enter my giveaway!!
Monica.
P.S The shamrocks are terrific! Love all your DVDs and also having books in every corner of my home...;))

Angela said...

Heidi,
I've been thinking of you a lot today :>) I hope everything is going well. You know what the colour green symbolizes - balance and harmony.

It's also the colour that represents the heart chakra so it's associated with unconditional love, compassion and a romantic spirit. Now who does that remind me of....hmmm :>)

I found this little bit about the colour - Green relates to love - the ability to give and take unconditionally. When balanced we are able to give love and also to love and nurture ourselves. Helps relax muscles, nerves, and thoughts. Cleanses and balances our energy, to give a feeling of renewal, peace and harmony. Green connects us to unconditional love and is used for balancing our whole being.

Enjoy being green - you are not green just for a little while - you are ALWAYS green :>)
Warm hugs Angela

Tone said...

Have been thinking of you today!! How are you!!??

Enjoy Schreck!! - its fantastic!
Even if my youngest is away from the house, my husband and me sometimes watches the movies...

Sending you the largest possibly hug from me!
Tone

Happy@Home said...

I've been doing a little catching up on your previous posts during my visit today. Your shamrock dishes and the shamrocks you made are all lovely.

It looks like you have planned well for your isolation time. I hope it all goes well and is over soon.

In the meantime I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidie,
I think it is wonderful how you cope with all the "hospital" things
how you are preparing for the treatment !!! Petje af !!
Goodluck today and there's a little something on your way :))
Hugs, Janneke.
PS. for me: green is the colour of spring ;)

Mary said...

Heidi dear - you are in my thoughts constantly and we are wishing you well. Hopefully your treatments will go by fast and you'll relax and think positive thoughts as you read and view the lovely things you have planned for this down time.

I owe you an e-mail and promise you'll hear from me soon!

Love from both Bob and me - you are in our prayers daily. Jos - we think of you too!
Hugs - Mary.