Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pink and black...

Pink and black really seem to add impact when you put them together. I did just that at my front door.

Do you remember me telling you about a garden project that we had? We bought a wrought iron garden table stand and a cut iron table top which Jos steel brushed and painted in black.

The table came up a dream by the time Jos was done with it! It is very heavy and so decorative.

I love dahlias and found these pretty pink ones in the garden center. They have a beautiful yellow tint in the center of the open flower petals.

This flower combined with the decoration on the table is a wonderful accent to welcome people to our front door.

Update on our disaster ~ Good news and bad news...it looks like our wood floors will be okay and our floor in the cupboard is dry but our walls are still drenched and really smell. We have major damage to a wall which was just pastered so that will have to be totally redone. Thanks so much for all your kind words and support about the flooding. I do try to use my sense of humor to battle grey clouds in life and enjoyed that so many understood my choice in the Soggy Bottom Boys to sing to you while you read about my woes. *grins*

This will be my last blog entry on this blog. My account is full and I already started a new needlework blog. Once I have decided on a title, I will be starting my new home and garden blog also. I want to thank everyone who has read this blog and especially for the comments left. I have really enjoyed it! I promise to give you the link very soon right here so stay tuned.

10 comments:

HAWTHORN HALL said...

It's a striking colour combination and looks fantastic! Your table looks wonderful. I went to a Victorian Bed & Breakfast in Port Townsend and our bathroom was done in black,white and deep pink. They had an old claw foot bathtub, huge vases of Cosmos, homemade soaps and the stain glass windows were all done in the black,white and pink combination...it was the nicest bathroom I have ever been in.

Gillian

Linda said...

Heidi, your entrance looks so pretty and most inviting. The table is wonderful and I love the Home Sweet Home. hugs, Linda

Rhondi said...

The pink and black at your front door are very welcoming. I didn't know that you could fill up your blog. I thought it could go on forever!
Hugs, Rhondi

Caroline said...

That is a lovely set up at your front door, I love that dahlia, it is very striking, I like the black table as well.

Loved your comment on my blog, the titles of the Persephone books I now proudly own are: Marianna-Monica Dickens, Consequences-E.M. Delafield, A fortnight in September-R.C. Sherriff, Cheerful weather for the wedding, Julia Strachey, Good evening Mrs Craven-Mollie Parker-Downes, Kitchen essays- Agnes Jekyll, Few eggs and no oranges- Vere Hodgson, How to run your home with no help- Kate Smallshaw and Saplings- Noel Streatfield. I will get them all eventually, as I really love them.

It is slowly getting weather for the picnic blanket again, so I will bring that out soon. I have started knitting again, as after the interview on Monday I went to a brilliant wool shop in Amsterdam that has all the Rowan yarns... I simply could not resist them, will post it on my blog soon.

Let us know what your new blog is, looking forward to it.

Linda said...

Heidi,

I've always loved black and pink together. In fact, when I was growing up, I got an old bike to ride and my Dad had two colors of paint (I think it was house and wall paint - not sure). One was pink and one was black - so thus, I had a pink and black bike!

Linda in VA

Susan in SC said...

This is beautiful! I love dahlias too. It's so welcoming into your home!

Nancy said...

That table is really nice. Great job Jos. Now I hear you also have come up with a name for the new blog. You are getting too smart.
I love the bee in the flower, too cute that it just posed for you.
I will miss talking to you for a week, be a good little girl.
Love you, Mom

Tammy said...

Lovely welcome decor!
Sorry to hear about the water logged walls. Looking forward to the new blog.
Hugs2U

Jasmin said...

Your pictures are really quite stunning. Especially the one with the flowers and the bee pollinating.

By the way, this is Mary from Across the Pond's granddaughter. Please come and visit my new blog :

Live Love Laugh

My grandma just helped me create it. Thanks!!
--Jasmin

Terri said...

First of all, the table is gorgeous! W@ell done!

Secondly, do you have to dig daliahs up in the fall in Holland?

Lastly, I didn't realize that bogss got full. How does that happen?