Monday, December 04, 2006

'Reflections' of the Christmas spirit


My decorating is coming along slowly but steadily. I have a number of places in my home I will be sharing with you. This is the mirror I have by my sideboard I use as a writing table. I love to give this mirror the Christmas spirit each year. I think decorations hanging in front of a mirror give a very dramatic effect. Perhaps you have a mirror in your home that you can give the 'reflections' of your own Christmas spirit to?

"Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveller, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!" ~Charles Dickens, The Pickwick Papers, 1836

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi this is so gorgeous! Your decorating looks like it came out of a magazine!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Heidi, your decorating makes your home look like one that is professionally decorated. You are such a talented young lady. I love your mirror idea, it is just beautiful.

Barbara