Thursday, September 20, 2007

Borrowing again.....

I have been borrowing again from other rooms in my home. More about that in a moment but first, I had finished a reproduction sampler I was stitching and framed it. Last night, Jos helped me to hang it and move the other samplers over to this corner. This is the before photo.....

.....and now after. I placed the newest sampler on the wall which is by itself although I hope it will not be alone for long. I have added the sampler that had been on its own and the three from the other corner of our bedroom to make a larger sampler wall. I love how this reading corner is coming along. I can't wait to make more samplers. It is also high time I found a fun new standing lamp for here. I have to start looking around for one.

This was the other corner which I had not really done anything to as of yet. I suddenly thought about the rack I had bought at a Christmas Fair last year which was to eventually hang in my quilt studio. I tried it out and decided it was perfect for here instead so here is the before photo.....

.....and after. This is a 'Puss in the Corner' wall quilt I sewed to hang above the bed. It is only a patchwork top as of now as I have not started hand quilting it yet. I grabbed it from my projects rack and was too impatient to iron it so it is a bit wrinkled as there are a good number of tops on that rack waiting to be quilted. I love it here! It fills this corner just right and also adds more fabric elements into the bedroom. It will be so fun to decorate this rack at the holidays with a Christmas quilt and some pine branches and berries. I feel like Arrietty in The Borrowers with taking things to use within my own home and it is fun.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful Heidi! Your sampler wall is coming along nicely. Fun, isn't it?!!

Mary said...

Thanks so much for visiting Heidi - I'm off to the thrift shop with a new blog friend tomorrow to search for an old garden fork, among other treasures, of course! Thank you for sharing your great idea.

Your needlework is just amazing - the lace is so gorgeous, and I love the "sampler wall". How nice it must be to sit and read surrounded by your beautiful creations.

Yes still warm here - up in the 90's this coming weekend, ugh!
Are you Dutch or a transplanted American? Your English is perfect! My son's girlfriend is named Heidi too - we're meeting them for dinner tonight.
And........you are the only person I know who shares my love for Gregorian Chant - yippee!

Happy stitching Heidi.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Heidi, You have an amazing sampler collection...I just love how you arranged them on the wall.

The quilt is just beautiful...I love how it looks hanging on the rack...very pretty!

Thank you for always leaving me such nice comments....you are so sweet...thanks again!

Ragged Roses said...

Your sampler is beautiful! the corners of your room are looking lovely, it's fun to move things around the house - it gives them a new lease of life!
Kim x

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great, Heidi. Your sampler wall is filling up and hopefully, fulfilling your expectations! I love it and hope to have a sampler wall one day, too. The quilt is gorgeous!

Dena said...

What a wonderful sampler collection you have! It's coming along beautifully :)

Anonymous said...

Very very beautifull collection!!!
Happy stitching my friend
françoise

Kristen said...

I love how you put all of the samplers together. It makes such a cozy spot that truly means something special to you! It is wonderful to have a quiet place to spend time with a book!

Karen said...

Love it Heidi - you have certainly completed alot of samplers and what a wonderful way to display them. Love your quilt to :)

Hugs - karen

Nunnie's Attic said...

OH WOW! I'm so glad that you visited me this morning because I'm not sure that I would have found you. Your samplers are beautiful. You are amazingly talented and your blog is just great. I would love to add you to my blog roll.

Please come back and visit me again and btw, I love the Gregorian chants too!

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

The quilt just finishes off that corner! And I love your reading corner with all your samplers! ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi:
Where is the bear Fawn made for you? I haven't seen it in any pictures yet, I could have missed it. Your corner looks oh so cute and I love that quilt hanger.
Love you, Mom

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

OMG! Look at all of the work you have done!!!! I love all of your samplers and am having extreme sampler envy right now..makes me want to dig out an undone project! I love them all but am fond of the little acorn one..so cute! YOU are very talented! Do you sleep? haha.

xo,

Becky