Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

From my house to yours...
...we wish you a very Merry Christmas!

The holidays have arrived. Here in Holland we celebrate what they call first and second Christmas Day. We have a nice long weekend as a result and Jos and I are off to spend it at Cranberry Cottage. I have just a few last things to do and items to purchase at the grocery store and I am ready for Christmas. Are you?

I did not get all my Christmas cards written this year. There were a number of bloggers along with family members that I have missed being able to send my Christmas wishes to as a result. So I want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who reads my blog! I have been blessed with many friendships through blogging. I am trying to make rounds to wish all the bloggers Happy Holidays. What a joy to be able to share our lives together through our blogs. Thank you!

I have a number of readers who don't blog themselves and want to thank them especially! I enjoy reading your comments on my blog and have emailed with a couple of you like Donna and Hetty. I am enjoying the opportunity to get to know you. Thanks to Andylynne who has been reading my blog for so long now. To those of my online stitching group who pop in to say hello here. To my dear friend Elly from my quilt group who stops in to comment. Each and every comment is appreciated!

The weather forecast shows it is set to turn very cold. There is an excitement in the air across the country that the water will freeze over making it possible to ice skate. Who knows... These are one of my pairs of vintage Dutch wooden skates. Jos learned to ice skate with a pair just like this. I have an older pair which I use in January to decorate for winter.


Have a blessed Christmas everyone!

19 comments:

Susan in SC said...

The same to you Heidi! I hope you have a wonderful vacation to Cranberry Cottage!!

Ragged Roses said...

Wishing you and your family a magical, wonderful Christmas dear Heidi. Take care, enjoy it all
Kimx
PS Did you watch Larkrise to Candleford?

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas to you and Jos too, oh and can't forget Dagi. I know Santa has already been to the cottage. When you get there, you can hunt the suitcase the packages have been stored in since I was there last spring. Hope the wrapping is ok still. If not, hope Santa had some tape along.
I hope your weekend is great and peaceful which I know is most important to you. Merry Christmas.
Love you, Mom

the tattered nest said...

Christmas hugs from way over here in Minnesota...Wishing you a happy holiday at Cranberry Cottage!

Melissa said...

Heidi,

You are a gem. Thank you for your goodness and may you and your husband have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Love Melissa

Judy said...

Enjoy your Cottage and have a happy special holiday.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Merry Merry Christmas Heidi!!

Hugs,
Robin

Pondside said...

Have a wonderful, peaceful time at your beloved Cranberry Cottage, Heidi. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your Jos.
xo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Edward and I send wishes your way for a most Happy Christmas!!

Carolien said...

Merry Chrismas, dear Heidi (and Jos too of course ...)!!! I hope you will have some nice days at CC. The girls have been ice skating already (in town). Fleur told me she wants to be an elf next year and help you with the lights in your tree, so you can count her in!
Now a stitching day would be nice! When do you come back from CC? I am free till Jan.5th, but I guess everything is 'full' already (nieces who are coming to stay etc.). Maybe after that on a Wednesday or Thursday? It would be so nice to see you again, looks like ages ago!
Guess what our desert will be tomorrow: BRS! Such a punishment after the chocolate mousse of today ... :)

Have a great time and big hug, Carolien

Amy Marie said...

Happy Holidays Cousin! Enjoy your time at the cottage!

Rhondi said...

Hi Heidi
I hope you and Jos have a wonderful time at Cranberry Cottage. It is non stop busyness here with our grandkids. It's lots of fun, but very tiring for this granmda!
Thanks for your friendship Heidi. It means a lot to me.
Love Rhondi

Mary said...

Dear Heidi - just now catching up -everything looked lovely at your warm and comfy home for Christmas. Loved the sparkly little tree. I hope your days at Cranberry Cottage are fun - perhaps you have snow there?

Yes, another year has flown by - far too quickly - and we wonder what the new one has in store for each of us. I hope mom gets back to see you and, most important, that you stay well every day. I hope Jos' new job is going fine and that he is happy there. Times are rocky - my dear brother-in-law (60) has just lost his job of 30 yrs., with HP, while he is being treated for a very bad type of cancer! Both his kids have just started college and the expenses are huge - times are rough.

I also pray for all your family scattered around the globe - it's wonderful how you keep up with each other and share your love though apart.

So dear friend - take care and live each day to the fullest. Continue to see loveliness with your artistic eyes, listen to the songs of birds, walk through Nature each day and wonder at the beauty surrounding us.

Bob and I send love and best wishes for the New Year.
Hugs - Mary.

Brigitta said...

At last some time to catch up again. I hope you're having a lovely time at Cranberry Cottage. I'm starting to feel better again, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will show in the bloodtests after the weekend.
Speak to you soon.
Hugs
Brigitta

Linda said...

Greetings to you at Cranberry Cottage..I hope your Christmas was most happy. I'm so pleased to have met you Heidi you are are such a lovely person as is your sweet mom.
I loved visiting " the pancake village" so pretty with all the little fairy lights...magicial...hugs, Linda

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Heidi, your Cranberry Cottage is just the perfect retreat and is so cozy and inviting. I so enjoyed looking at your slide shows and seeing the magic in the village and your home. How wonderful to spend quality time with friends to stitch and bake. Just perfect!

Stay warm!!!

much love,
Becky

Tracy said...

Hi, Heidi! So glad to catch up with you last and see you're enjoying a wonderful holiday! We're just back from our Christmas trip and getting over the jet lag and settling in...ringing in 2009 will be quiet here-LOL! Wishing you love & joy in the New Year! Talk to you soon ((HUGS))

Tardevil said...

Delicious photos!

Viral Khanna said...

http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-images-wallpapers-photos-hd/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-images-hd-wallpapers-with-quotes/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/merry-christmas-top-facebook-covers-pictures/
http://michaelkorsoutlet12.com/