Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pancakes and fairy lights...

We are now in those magical days just before Christmas. The mood is exciting. Decorations are hung, trees glow, presents are wrapped and cookies are baked. Now we wait for Christmas to come and that magical feeling of Christmas spirit to descend on each house.


This is my fourth and final tree to share with you. It is my sewing tree in the quilt studio. If you would like to see this tree closer, visit me here at my other blog.


My friend came over yesterday and we spent the afternoon baking a batch of Russian teacakes, stitched and chatted. In the evening, her husband came over and we all went to the little village of Lage Vuursche. It is known as the 'pancake village' as it has many pancake restaurants. During December, it is a very special place in the dark evenings. The village street is lined with Christmas trees. There is always a special feeling in this place but in December it becomes magic...

Thanks for your company Sonja and Mike. We enjoyed the evening spent together!

9 comments:

Betty said...

Heidi,
A beautiful tree....the Russian teacakes look delicious in the pretty biscuit jar....

My family loves pancakes so I know we would enjoy the pancake village...

Wishing you a blessed Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.....Betty

Nancy said...

Well, I know this pancake house very well, I love my apple cinnamon pancake and hot chocolate there. I don't think we ever went at Christmas. Very pretty. I love the gnomes in the window of the shop and that is a great shop. Too bad it was closed.
Now, I want some of those yummy cookies.
Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the slide show Heidi. You are a lot more organized than I am at the moment.

Merry Christmas!

Marie x

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidie,
Whataa wonderful little trip i just made through Lage Vuursche!! I had never been there beefore :) very inspiring in this time of year, all those wonderful little lights !!!
Just passing by to wish you and Jos a wonderful Christmas !!
Hugs and greetings from Janneke.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What lovely photos. Thanks for sharing. How did you put the lights on the bare branches so the cords aren't showing. I love that idea of a sewing tree.

Maggie said...

Your sewing tree is lovely Heidi, and i enjoyed the slide show, what a lovely village.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, In answer to your question, my log burner is on the oposite wall to the one i just painted red, i know that wasn't quite clear from the photos.

How you have a lovely christmas, i look forward to visiting your blog in 2009 and seeing more of your lovely decorations.

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year.

Maggie x

Judy said...

What a beautiful tree. I'm glad you enjoyed the evening with your friends.

Hope your Christmas is special.

Tone said...

Heidi!!
so nice you are making our Ricecream with red sauce for dessert!!!
Christmas morning, and everything is ready for tonight. A fire burning, candels on, - have a wonderful time at Cranberry cottage!!
Love from Tone

corry said...

Indeed beautiful very sfeervol!! Thanks for the slide show.