Friday, December 19, 2008

"...and to all a good-night!"

" 'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;


The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap..."



Who doesn't know that wonderful holiday classic " 'Twas The Night Before Christmas" by Clement Clarke Moore. A favorite for me to read each holiday season. And this storybook poem evokes the idea of creating a fun Christmas spirit in the bedroom. Who says decorations are only for the living room?

Turn up your speakers and listen to a nostalgic version of this storybook poem...

Even Bronwyn Bear gets a festive pillow to cuddle during December!

My reading corner has a little tree filled with all my handmade bobbin lace. I will be featuring this tree on Sunday on my other blog.

The window sill has been filled with pinecones and fun silver boxes...

My armoire (this still has to be sanded and painted like the other furniture) has simple blue spruce wreaths...

A pretty Christmas box sitting on our bench...

And new accents on our nightstands to show Christmas cheer...

Some greenery, tulips and holly give a simple touch of the season...

And our stockings hang on each side of the bed (a first Christmas gifts many years ago from my brother Bill)...


"And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Your bedroom looks great. I am impressed that the other side of your quilt is just as pretty and festive for Christmas.
The stocking look cute on the end tables. Will they get filled?
Great job as usual.
Love you, Mom
PS: Have fun at the cottage

Susan in SC said...

How beautiful! Love the Christmas stocking hanging on the night stand. How sweet!

Tone said...

Hi Heidi!
You really are finished in the house before xmas!
Have a nice time at the cottage!!
Today I have managed to fall down the four last steps of our stairs inside the house, but I`m ok.... typically me when I am stressed. have had the day off work, trying to do a lot. right now I am wrapping the rest of the gifts, sitting on the livingroom floor.

Hope for you and the ones you love have a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing, and a joy to get to know you this year!
Hugs from Tone

Melanie said...

Your Christmas decorations are beautiful, Heidi. I love the personal touch of stockings hanging from the nightstands.

diane said...

Your home is decorated so lovingly!! I just adore your taste, so elegant, but simple and not overdone! Enjoy your holidays!

angelasweby said...

Heidi,
What a wonderful tour around your beautiful house. I love your little tree in the reading corner and the pillows in the bedroom look so festive. The white linen and prettily crocheted cushions remind me of those famous lines "When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even...tralalalal
I love your tin and box and all the other pretty ways you create the feeling of Christmas cheer in your house.
Warm hugs, Angela

Linda said...

Your bedroom is so pretty with all the holiday touches......only sweet dreams here. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Dear Heidie,
Visiting your blog and now reading
(and listening) this wonderful post gives me such a holiday-feeling !!
You are indeed celebrating the seasons in a wonderful way ....
Greetings to Jos and have a nice 4th advent weekend.

Maggie said...

Your festive touches all around your house are lovely, i have yet to even put my tree up (shame on me!) it will go up either today or tomorow though now i have finished the painting (i did the red wall in the dining room, i was very brave and i love it!).
Happy christmas to you and yours....Magggiex

Sonja said...

Even your bedroom has Xmas in it! Wonderfull! You are a busy lady, miss Pickle!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your bedroom is oh so cozy, Heidi...I love it!

Ragged Roses said...

Your house is already for Christmas and looks beautiful Heidi. I just wanted to pop over and wish you and your family a wonderful, Happy Christmas. Take care
Kimxx

Reginas Cottage said...

Dear Heidi
Just wonderful!!!! I like your decorationen.Have a wonderful time at the cranberry-cottage.
Hugs,Regina

Kristen said...

Cute stocking!!! The bedroom looks great and very festive!! Have fun at the cottage!!!

HAWTHORN HALL said...

Everything in your home looks thoughtfully placed and quite lovely! I feel inspired to do some work on my own. Thank you.

Gillian

Peg said...

Heidi your home is always so warm and welcoming and is a true reflection of the spirit we see within you. It's a special pleasure to know you and your warmth. Keep well my friend and don't tire yourself out to much this Christmas.
hugs Peg xx