Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My nutcracker prince

What child is not mesmerized by the Nutcracker Prince? What child does not want to escape the Land of Sweets and dance with the Sugarplum Fairy? What child is not amazed as they watch the Snowflakes dance? Or Clara fight off the Rat King? Or Fritz being ... well Fritz. (I had a Fritz in real life. You know that annoying little brother. Only his name was not Fritz. *grins*)


This is my collection of nutcrackers that I set up each year in December.


I had loved the Nutcracker ballet and when Jos and I went to Seiffen, Germany many years ago for the first time, I was able to buy a genuine nutcracker there. We loved visiting this pretty Christmas village where nutcrackers originated and it is Christmas every day of the year.


Since then, my collection has grown considerably. I set it up each year in our laundry room with is also our cloak room. Everyone goes in there to hang up their coats and lingers to look at the nutcrackers.


There are caroling nutcrackers...


...a miner or Santa himself...


...the Nutcracker Prince and his father the King...


...a shephard, a guard and a hermit...


...or if I became a nutcracker, this would be me I think, a mushroom gatherer...

18 comments:

Nancy said...

I love these guys. I have seen them really and they are great. My favorite is the hermit. He is just too cute. Your new header is really nice too. Your house is just one big Christmas treat. I am debating if I even want to put up a tree this year, do I? not sure.
Love you, Mom

Linda said...

Heidi, you have a wonderful collection! I agree with your mom the hermit is especially nice but my favorite are the carolers.
The Christmas village sounds so pretty....I think it would be a most happy place to live:).
I have a few little nutcracker ornaments....we always try to buy one at the ballet...hugs, Linda

Sweetie said...

Heidi - I love the nutcrackers. You have a magnificent collection. It's wonderful that you were able to purchase a nutcracker in Germany (and to visit Germany). My maternal gg-grandparents came from Germany.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Mia said...

Your collection of Nutcrackers is really amazing. I just love the look of them. And how many exactly do you have? They certainly look jolly and festive in your laundry/cloak room, and I am sure it is a pleasure for your visitors to go there to hang their coats.

Sweetie said...

Heidi,
P.S. I bought the ornament.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Carolien said...

Well, I am glad you don't 'grow' a moustache! ;)
Your crackers are real crackers, Heidi!

Hugs, Carolien

Unknown said...

Heidi, What a wonderful collection. I always look at the Nutcrackers and think I might buy one, but then, I would need 3, then 7 and like you a whole collection. You need to add a Clara somewhere in your collection. A pretty doll would be awesome.
Thanks for inviting me to see your collection. Shirley

Sonja said...

En nu nog de noten om te kraken...It is really wonderful your nutcracker collection.

Tardevil said...

Love your collection. Even better that you added greenery to it. You think of everything!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful!!
I enjoyed the music while I looked at them
Sherry

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

I enjoyed seeing your collection of nutcrackers. Thanks for sharing them.

Elizabeth

Ginny said...

Wow - what an amazing collection! Thanks for sharing it.

Pondside said...

I've had a love affair with nutcrackers ever since I was a girl and we lived in the Schwarzwald. I have a small collection, and it just says 'Christmas'. Your new Christmas header is very cheery!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hello! Your collection of Nutcrackers are the best I have seen. I love how each one has their own personality!

I have one that was given to our oldest son when he was born. It traveled from Germany, too.

hugs to you and yours,
Becky

PS: Socks sends Dagi a smoochie.

Andylynne said...

And of course Christmas isn't complete with out the Nutcrackers. You do have a wonderful collection. Your pictures are great. I hope you get to the magic Chritmas village again very soon!

Melanie said...

I love your nutcracker collection - they are beautiful!

Tone said...

What I really adore having you all foreigners as blogfriends - is that i learn a LOT about how you all celebrate xmas!!

I have some hours off work today, - have had a friend over for breakfast - first kids to school - then chat & tea with a friend. Xmas music on the cd - and snow outside. Its snowing a lot today - finally this winterwonderland-feeling!!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs fro Tone

Roxane said...

I love your nutcrackers, it's a beautiful collection. We don't have nutcrackers in France.