Sunday, March 16, 2008

Easy and healthy cooking...

I don't normally give you two recipes in a row but I wanted to share the simple recipe for Crustless Tuna Quiche that I just love to make...


First, slice a leek and fry lightly in butter or olive oil. You could use an onion if you prefer.


You will need two mixing bowls (I just love my colored bowls that I found at a discount store! They remind my of my mother's wonderful vintage ones.)...


Beat two eggs and two egg whites together with one cup of milk and salt and cracked pepper.


In the second bowl, mix contents of two cans of drained tuna, one cup of cheese (I use old Dutch cheese but your own favorite will do), 2 tablespoons flour and the cooked leek. Stir in the egg mixture and pour into a greased (vegetable spray) 9 inch pie pan.


Cook in a preheated 350F oven for about 35 minutes. (A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.) Let the quiche cool in the pan about 10 minutes.


Cut into pieces and serve. Makes four servings.

I don't think I got the greatest photos tonight but cannot retake them as dinner is all gone. *grins* I do hope you will enjoy trying this really tasty quiche.

The Andre Rieu waltz is for my mother who is a huge fan of his. We are talking about going down towards the area where Andre Rieu is from while she is visiting and she is saying she hopes she sees him. I don't think so Mother and he is probably on tour.

12 comments:

Mia said...

This looks like a lovely recipe, that I am tempted to try! We enjoy fish in our household and my husband i quite fond of tuna, so this recipe should be right down his alley. The soda bread in you previous post looks tempting too. So who knows, maybe I will be baking and cooking something new this Easter.

I hope you will have a lovely Easter. Are you going to Cranberry Cottage? I hope the weather will be nice; at the moment it is snowing (!) here and quite windy and cold. Huh!

Mary said...

Heidi - the soda bread turned out great, Bob and Jasmin had some with their Irish Stew for supper yesterday(she stayed over with us)after the St. Patrick's Day parade. Today I warmed it up and had it buttered for tea - it tastes like scones! Thanks for the great recipe.

Now I'll definitely try this - perhaps for supper tomorrow as I have all the ingredients on hand - sounds a lot healthier than a pastry based quiche too!

Well I haven't been back to Homegoods for the 'lady' - it's way across town and this weekend has been too busy. I'll look next time I'm over there and if she's still waiting I'll bring her home!

Hope your weekend was fun dear. More later this week.

Nancy said...

Well Heidi, I really think you should call him and arrange it. LOL. His last special Wonderland was sooooo good.
Your dinner does look yummy, can you make it with ham instead of tuna? Warm tuna scares me, as you know.
Love you, Mom

Teresa said...

Heidi,
The recipes sound great. I'll have to try them. Thank you.
Your blog is beautiful.

Teresa

Nancy said...

Heidi this looks delicious! I will save this recipe for sure. And, I think your photos are beautiful!

Pondside said...

That looks like this evening's supper!
I don't know how I found your blog - a link on someone's, I guess. I'll be back to visit aagin!

Reginas Cottage said...

Hello Heidi
That recipe looks very delicious!!
I will try it.My family and I love
tuna.Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
Your colored bowls,are just beautiful
Such bowls search I here in Germany already.And your soda bread have I
today backed and has us tasted.
Hugs and Greetings from a cold Germany Regina

Ragged Roses said...

That does look very tasty Heidi, no wonder it's all gone! I've just had a plateful of chard and a lovely jerusalem artichoke gratin which all sounds very healthy but isn't when I think of all the chocolate I've been eating (some lovely person sent me some surprise Easter eggs - I wonder who?)!
KImxxxx

Andylynne said...

That looks so good, what pretty pictures along with it.They turned out just fine. I love Quiche, off to the store for Leeks :)

periwinkle said...

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi, got your link from Ragged Roses. This looks like a lovely quiche, think I'll be giving it a go soon
Lisa x

BittersweetPunkin said...

Thanks for the recipe Heidi...I am going to try it!
Hugs,
Robin

Kristen said...

Ohh this looks DELISH!!! YUMMMM!!! I will have to try this one!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!